Sooo I just got back from the most beautiful place! My host family has a villa/house (with a little plaque denoting it was called Villa Sophia) in the mountain town of Lenvers (I think that was how it was spelled...) and it was like we went back in time. The grand-mere told me that it has been passed down through the family for seven generations...wow! It was straight out of the movie "Manon" haha.
It was soo nice to just relax (and get some reading done.. but alas I am finished!.. at least for now!)
It was a two story beautiful house with antique everything! Each little room had its own character... but we didn't spend much time inside- seeing as the soleil was perfect today!!
First we ate a delicious lunch, as usual, and then we all took a chair, sat, relaxed, read, and just enjoyed the weather and the nice breeze!

After a little while my host parents took me on a walk around the village and it was so beautiful... kind of a theme in this place, if you were wondering! We even stopped in a little shop/showroom for a scupture-artist who did unique and very pretty local art. After climbing up and up through the winding old-timey rues (=streets), we reached the highest point of the town and the view was breathtaking.. one could see the Alps with their snowy caps, the outline of the sea in tho other direction, and little towns dotted in between...

C'etait parfait :)
After that we walked back and after a couple more hours of relaxation we drove back into town...and now I am here.
And since dinner is almost ready I am going to end this post...but a tout a l'heure! (=later gaters!)
Liv
No comments:
Post a Comment