Then we went to that beautiful old city and thats where the chateau museum was. The architecture of the chateau was truly stunning. There was this beautiful staircase in the middle of the castle that had an open roof...amazing. And the view at the very top = even more amazing!!
Apres that we went home and then my host family took me to a "vraiment francais" film called "Imogene". It was very funny and kind of completely random- kind of like a French "Mr. Magoo" but a girl.
And then it was like 9:00pm and I was starving ... but it was good cause we were about to go to diner yayyy... It was about 10 or so french adults and also me and Nabil (my "host-cousin"). It was a good french meal (=took about three hours) and my favorite part was definitely the strawberry-praline ice cream at the end...mmmm.
At about midnight I was literally falling asleep in my coffee- so I think the host-parents caught on and took me home (haha... now who is the bebe??)
Shew quelle journee!!
I got to sleep in a little on Sunday morning (='til 9) and it felt so amazing! Then I ate some breakfast and it was amazing because my host-mom had just got back from the market with a pain au chocolat for me (=pastry with chocolate inside! mmmm). Then off to their beautiful church with the host dad- and I actually followed (and even said the prayers) this time. It was quite an experience- actually pretty damn moving to say different than normal words that have such a meaning in english to me- and have them have the same meaning/feeling in french. Beautiful beautiful mass and experience!
Also, Sunday was the Fete de la Mere (=mother's day in France) and so both of my host-grandmothers came over for lunch, along with my host aunt and uncle (but no Nabil...). Anyway, we all sat around in salon at first and had an "aperitif" (=stuff you drink before you eat= alcohol) and they brought out the Jack Daniels whiskey that I had given them as a "thanks for letting me stay/being my host-parents" gift. Everyone, even the grand-mothers tried some (but some of us with some added Schweeps) and everyone loved it!! Haha... a true Tennessee experience...
Lunch was delicious as usual- and then my host-parent took me to Villefranche for a little walk! They have been so super nice to me lately- taking me places and really showing me where they live and everything about Nice. (And even making speak in French.. but its so good for me!)Anyway, the walk was beautiful as always and on the way back I commented (in French, bien sur..) on how "I couldn't believe people actually live in places like this" aka "how is this people's actual lives... geez loius!!" But they just laughed at me, because for them they live this everyday and had never thought of it that way.
**Also on a side note we drove by Elton John's Villa in the very same town where he lives/vactions occasionally. Nice.
But now here I am and I have much much much work to do that I haven't done all weekend...aka study for my first test on Tuesday and read 60 more pages of Moliere before Tuesday also.... going to be a good rest of the night and a great Monday! haha....
Liv
No comments:
Post a Comment