Thursday, June 10

Vous-etes Américains??

Hmmm well update: I will be on a plane leaving Nice 10 short days from now...WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN??

I am going to miss all the lovely friends I have had the lucky chance to get to know for a short short period of time!! I feel like I've known them forever- geez- crazy to think about that I haven't.

Well the hospital has been kind of slow this week. I got switched from neonatology to "medecine fetale", which is basically a gynecologist who just gets to do ultrasounds all day. Its still amazing to see all these little not even born yet babies.. and the technology is so great you pretty much see a 3D picture of what there little face looks like. AMAZING. But that does get a little old after a while- well when you can only watch (haha).

I did get a little break from the ultrasounds on Tuesday though because there was another scoliosis surgery. Neat story: Five American doctors came to watch the surgery and to learn the special technique the Dr. Clement (from Lenval in Nice) invented!! Wow! Anyway, so we were all sitting in the lobby getting ready to go to our "stages" and we hear all these doctor-looking 40ish men sauntering around in their American way which is so obvious - and they plop down right next to our table with their coffee. Well since we were both the only ones speaking English it was pretty inevitable that we would end up chatting. And it was so neat to talk to them- and they just loved me and Alejandro's southern accent because they were from the south too (but now from Dallas). And we went up to watch in the auditorium where they project the surgery onto the screen...and so did two of the American doctors did too...which was perfect because they explained everything to us (in English) every time we had a question- so now we actually we understand what goes on (ps thats a picture to the left of an example where they put the rods in...pretty cool-- and below are actual pictures of the surgery we watched- so intense!)



So thats what I am doing in Nice... pretty nice, eh??
                            

Well nothing else really new this week- just writing papers, reading french lit, and working like crazy. Tomorrow will be a fun day though because we are going to go hiking :)

Bon nuit!!!
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment