Monday, May 17

Love it here... but could we have less homework pleaseee?

Oh my goodness.. this place is amazing! So beautiful! BUT.. there is soo much to do.. it is a little overwhelming.  Yesterday, after a transatlantic flight on which I did not sleep thanks to someone who didn't atop me from chatting the whole time and a glass of red wine, I had a full day of eating and walking around Nice.. I was very very tired.

My host family is soo nice and they basically tell me de faire quoi je veux (do what I want..). So I have a lot of freedom ...and a nice big bedroom with my own bathroom..and wifi! So I am soo happy with that!
Also they talk to me non-stop, and only in French, which is good. English is also forbidden in all of my classes here and also in any kind of conversation had around either of the professors- if they hear you they will comment haha.


Also different here is how they eat- very small dishes and lots of them, one at a time. We have maybe 5 courses for each meal but each is small- but still delicious!

So we had orientation today, and that is mostly why I feel overwhelmed.. becauseI already have soo much homework!! (mostly lots and lots of reading!) And tomorrow we have an orientation at the hospital- I work at Lenval, the children's hospital, so I am very excited for that. I start out with infants, then gen peids, then neonatal, then hematology at a different hospital, Archet. Slightly intimidating but I guess I will see tomorrow how it goes.  Right after that we have our first classes and a conference with a doctor. Very VERY busy day tomorrow.

Also, I met most of the class today and they were all nice- some of us even stopped at a cafe and chatted for a bit- I admit some conversations were in English- but it was fun and I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks :)

I am still a little tired from the jetlag but hopefully by tomorrow it will be better... now I must read some Margarite de Navarre ... mmmrrrrr...

A beintot!

PS Too busy to take/upload pictures yet but they will come sooooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment